This year more than any other, gearing up for the fall small group season will look different for churches. As groups form to study God’s Word online or in person, Bible studies in different formats will be needed, depending on each church’s needs. To help you prepare, here is a sampling of upcoming releases. • […]
This year more than any other, gearing up for the fall small group season will look different for churches. As groups form to study God’s Word online or in person, Bible studies in different formats will be needed, depending on each church’s needs. To help you prepare, here is a sampling of upcoming releases.
• The Good Life Bible Study: What Jesus Teaches About Finding True Happiness by Derwin Gray (LifeWay) is an eight-session study that demonstrates how Jesus taught us to search for, find and hold on to the good life with God. Available in print, e-book and as a kit. Video sessions available.
• The Way Home: God’s Invitation to New Beginnings by Tessa Afshar (Moody) studies the book of Ruth and teaches readers how to study the text, discern meaning, pray through it and live it out. Available in print, DVD and e-book.
• uTurns by Tony Evans (B&H) is a six-session companion study for the same titled book. Available in print, this study demonstrates the reality of human freedom, the consequences that come from bad choices and the way to reverse the consequences.
• Prayer and Listening LifeGuide Bible Study by Jan Johnson (IVP) covers the disciplines of prayer and of practicing God’s presence in six sessions. Available in print.
• Get Wisdom Bible Studies by Teresa Swanstrom Anderson (NavPress) can be used in small groups, but also for informal group or individual study. Three titles will release in both print and e-book: Leading Wherever You Are: 7 Weeks in the Book of Joshua, Saying Yes in the Darkness: 7 Weeks in the Book of Psalms and Living for What Really Matters: 7 Weeks in the Book of Philippians.
• 7 Feasts: Finding Christ in the Sacred Celebrations of the Old Testament by Erin Davis (Moody) is an eight-week study that examines the significance of these feasts and why God wanted his people to celebrate, how each of them point to Jesus and why all of this matters today. Available in print and e-book.
• Job by John MacArthur (Thomas Nelson) includes an introduction that provides background information to the book and a closing lesson to help cement the main themes of the study. Available in print and e-book.
• Explore the Bible: Characters (LifeWay) is a one-year Bible study series that looks at God’s Word through the lens of its people. Each of the six sessions considers the context of a biblical figure and how God’s ongoing work and plan unfolded in and through them. Available in print/DVD.
• Habakkuk: Remembering God’s Faithfulness When He Seems Silent by Dannah Gresh (Moody) explores how the storms of life can become opportunities to activate our faith. Available in print and e-book.
• Revelation Study Guide: Extravagant Hope by Margaret Feinberg (Zondervan) takes complex and sometimes illusive content and shows that everything we have hoped for is in the Bible. Available in print and e-book.
• The Singer Bible Study by Calvin Miller (IVP) explores the biblical texts that inspired his poetic retelling of the gospel story, The Singer. These eight studies will engage the imagination and deepen readers’ understanding of God. Available in print and e-book.