6 easy ways to engage your church and community.
1. Challenge your church to host summer neighborhood block parties.
2. Think leadership development. Encourage team leaders to invest in others one-on-one.
3. Go beyond the weeklong vacation Bible school and offer children’s activities each week.
4. Ask small groups to take the summer off. Challenge them to devote one weekend a month to a service project.
5. Start a “See You at the Movies” message series. Encourage people to invite friends and neighbors. Each message is a “one-off,” so people can miss a weekend or two.
6. Recruit bicyclists for ministry. Are there cyclists in your church? Let them know about a unique ministry opportunity they can easily adapt. One Southern California church gathered a group of cyclists who rode their bikes to local parks and distributed lunch sacks while developing ongoing relationships with individuals in the homeless community.