Try these creative outreach ideas this Valentine’s Day and share the love of Christ with your community.
Get creative in your Valentine’s Day outreach. Host a new event for your community or give a valentine to someone you don’t know—or who doesn’t know your church. Here are a few ideas you can try:
* Manna Church in Fayetteville, North Carolina, sorted, wrapped and delivered more than 300 bundles of carnations to workers at local gas stations and convenience stores. MannaChurch.org
* Christ Lutheran Church in Duluth, Minnesota, has held a Father/Daughter Valentine’s Ball for 20 years. Now a popular community event, the ball draws nearly 2,000 people. CLCDuluth.org
* New Life Bible Church in Fayetteville, North Carolina, hosts a dinner for military wives whose husbands are deployed. The evening includes dinner, entertainment and free childcare. NewLifeBibleChurch.org
* Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Plainview, Texas, sets up a salon in the church basement, and with the help of local barbers and beauticians who volunteer their time, offers manicures, pedicures and haircuts to area senior citizens.
* Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco, Texas, puts on a Valentine’s Day luncheon for widows and encourages women to invite their neighbors and family members. Stonebriar.org