A Race for Unity
September 15, 2018
Rock Church Point Loma Campus
San Diego, California
Also available through FREE live simulcast
From A Race for Unity event page:
A recent increase in high-profile, racially-charged conflict has led well-meaning people to wonder what they can do to help alleviate racial tension in our churches, communities and country. For one day, churches across the Nation will open their doors, partnering with other churches in the community to be a gathering place for conversation, learning and healing.
Pastor and author Miles McPherson will offer guidance on this issue, by identifying, the cultural influences that shape our attitudes on race, and explaining why we must honor the priceless value of God’s image in all people. Pastor Miles has first-hand knowledge of the importance of racial reconciliation. Read more »
This Simulcast Will:
• Identify racial “blind spots” that prevent us from honoring the image of God in others.
• Offer advice on how to identify and overcome racism in our hearts.
• Suggest practical ways to develop cross-cultural competency.
• Provide ideas on how to initiate meaningful conversations on race within and beyond the walls of the church.
• Help attendees develop personal accountability in living lives that honor the image of God in others.
Hear the invitation from Pastor Miles here. Share it with your family, friends, and co-workers and invite them today.