Welcome to Outreach magazine, the gathering place for ideas, innovations and resources to help you reach your community and change the world.
The magazine brings outreach ideas from churches across the country, stories to challenge and inspire you, and new products, publications and resources to help you in your efforts to reach out.
Outreach magazine began publishing in January 2002 in response to church leadership across the nation who were seeking ideas and inspiration for outreach as well as a place to share the testimony of God’s work through the local church. The magazine is published bimonthly by Outhreach, Inc. We are a nondenominational publication adhering to traditional biblical Christianity.
The mission of Outreach magazine is to further the kingdom of God by empowering Christian churches to reach their communities for Jesus Christ.
The vision of Outreach magazine is to share the stories of the outreach community, helping Christian leadership discover the ideas, innovations and resources that will equip them to advance the kingdom of God through the outreach efforts of the local church.
Outreach magazine is a nondenominational ministry working with all Bible-believing Christian churches that embrace traditional Christian theology. Here’s what we believe:
- There is one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19). Jesus Christ is God the Son and is true God and true man (Phil. 2:5-8).
- Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin (Matt. 1:18 & 23), led a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins (Romans 5:8-9), died on the cross and rose again (1 Cor. 15:1-4), and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our mediator (Heb. 9:15) and advocate (1 John 2:1).
- The Bible is God’s Word, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit (2 Tim. 3:16-17), and is authoritative on all matters on which it speaks (2 Peter 1:20-21).
- All people sin and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) and will face eternal separation from God unless they come into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ (John 3:16-17). Salvation is a free gift from God (Eph. 2:8-9) that can only be received by faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12, Gal. 2:16).
- God works through the members of His church to evangelize the lost and teach believers to obey His commands (Matt. 28:18-20). Churches are to be open to and accepting of all people, offering God’s love and redemption to each person without prejudice or condemnation (John 3:16-18). However, in their efforts to reach out, churches must take care to uphold the Word of God, and not engage in moral compromise (Romans 12:2) or affirm any sin such as sexual immorality, idolatry, adultery, homosexuality, stealing, greed, drunkenness, slander, swindling (1 Cor. 6:9-10), murder, strife, deceit, malice, gossip (Romans 1:21-32), witchcraft, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, factions, or envy (Gal. 5:19-21).
- God’s people are called to holiness in all aspects of life.
2231 Faraday Ave. Suite 120
Carlsbad, CA 92008
719-955-9702 E-mail: [email protected]