9 traits of people who regularly share their faith
I’m a professor of evangelism and missions, but I still must work at doing evangelism. In fact, I constantly watch for people who evangelize regularly and seek to learn from them. Here are some characteristics of the most evangelistic people I know:
1. They genuinely love the Lord with a passion. Their love for the Lord and their gratitude to Him are so deep that they almost can’t help but tell others about Jesus. God oozes out of them.
2. They believe what the Bible says about hell. They accept the reality of hell, and its truth compels them not to miss an opportunity. They seriously grieve the state of non-believers.
3. They pray regularly for friends and family and for opportunities to evangelize. If you ask these folks to name people for whom they’re praying, they can answer you quickly. People they want to reach are always on their mind.
4. They constantly look for open doors to talk about Jesus. The conversation may be brief, but they somehow get to Jesus. As one of my mentors says, “I always look for an opportunity to leave people with eternity in mind.”
5. Even if they’re introverted, they push beyond their discomfort to tell the good news. My point is that they’re not always extraverted. They just make themselves be obedient to the gospel.
6. They’re not worried about getting glory for being a strong evangelist. That’s because they know the story’s not about them in the first place. Humility and faithful evangelism seem to go hand-in-hand.
7. They may have many tools in their toolbox, but they usually have one preferred method to evangelize. You can just tell they’re comfortable with that method; in fact, they’ve often combined several resources to create their own approach.
8. They know the Word well. Indeed, they’ve often memorized so much scripture they can quickly run to a text in the midst of an evangelistic conversation. The Word is always on their lips.
9. They have a heart for the nations. At least in these cases, a love for neighbors and a love for the nations are complementary. Many of the most evangelistic people I know, in fact, have served at least short-term on the mission field.
What traits do you see in evangelistic believers?
This article originally appeared on ChuckLawless.com and is reposted here by permission.