1. Partner with organizations already serving the older adults in your community.
- United Way
- Health Department
- County Social Services or Community Services Department
- Council on Aging
- American Red Cross
2. Offer classes of interest, depending on your location and culture, inviting them to your church.
- Computer skills (how to use Internet, Facebook, Skype, etc.)
- Dance (ballroom dancing, line dancing, etc.)
3. Adopt a local nursing home or assisted living facility and bring Christ’s joy to them.
- Volunteers can lead regular church services in a large meeting room.
- Sunday school children can perform regular concerts or skits.
- Youth groups can play board or card games with residents.
- Maintain the grounds and landscaping.
- Help decorate the facility for the holidays.