(1) Before the trip, post fundraising links to Facebook and Twitter.
(2) Create a Facebook event page for a fundraising party.
(3) Open Twitter and Facebook accounts before the trip, allowing content to be posted in one place.
(4) Actively engage people at home by posting stories and experiences as they occur in real time.
(5) Stay top-of-mind for prayer by uploading photos, videos, blogs and status updates.
(6) On the trip, start a social media campaign to increase awareness and bring relief to people and situations the team encounters.
Read how it’s working:
“How to Best use Social Media to Enhance your Church’s Mission Trips” Four-part series of posts from Adam Cleaveland, youth and young adult leader at Asbury United Methodist Church in Livermore, Calif., on his blog, PomoMusings.
“Engaging Missions Via Social Media” YouthWorker Journal article by Lead Youth Minister Lars Rood of Highland Park Presbyterian Church in Dallas on the use of social media during a trip to Haiti.