Brotherhood Mutual FoundationSM is awarding a total of $150,000 in Kingdom Advancing GrantsSM to church programs that not only help solve a problem in their community, but also connect people to Jesus.
“We’re looking for churches that are doing something innovative, creative, and unique. The program should be sustainable, with a well-thought-out business plan. And it must be something that other churches can replicate,” said Kathy Bruce, director of the Brotherhood Mutual Foundation.
Apply January 8 through March 27, 2024, at www.brotherhoodmutual.com/kingdom-advancing-grant. The Granting Council will make final decisions by July 2024. The Granting Council is made up of more than a dozen pastors, administrators, and executive leaders.
Over the past two years, nine church programs have received grants. The average individual grant ranges from $20,000 to $50,000. The number of grants awarded each year will vary, based on the scope and financial need of the projects.
Each Kingdom Advancing Grant recipient not only receives funding for their initiative or program, but also is paired for a year with members of the Granting Council as mentors who offer guidance and assistance.
The grant is designed to support church programs or initiatives that demonstrate the following:
- Directly overseen by a church based in the U.S.
- Intended to help build the Kingdom by introducing people to Jesus or strengthening their relationship with Jesus.
- Involves a unique idea that’s innovative, creative, and new, and that other churches are not already doing.
- Can be sustained over time.
- Can be replicated by other churches.
For an initiative or program to be considered eligible for a Kingdom Advancing Grant, it must be directly overseen by a Christian church that meets each of the following requirements:
- A tax-exempt charitable organization as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- In good standing with the IRS; If the 501(c)(3) tax exemption was previously revoked by the IRS, it must have been reinstated for at least one full year prior to applying for the Kingdom Advancing Grant.
- Based in the United States
To see if your church is eligible to apply and to learn more about the 2022 and 2023 recipient programs, visit www.brotherhoodmutual.com/kingdom-advancing-grant. Potential applicants also can listen to an audiocast for insight about writing an exceptional grant application.