Wheaton Bible Church, its Hispanic congregation and other Chicago-area churches joined forces last year to open a Christmas store for low-income families. They served more than 200 families—and nearly 550 children received a present.
Follow these steps to create a successful Christmas store.
1. Have people donate toys in the $10 to $30 range for children of all ages.
2. Price the toys at 80 to 90 percent off retail.
3. Set up a “store” where parents can purchase a toy for their child.
4. Have volunteers do the wrapping.
5. Provide hot drinks and snacks for the families and have volunteers get to know them and their stories.